- PHYS 101 - Physics Science by Inquiry
- PHYS 110 - Liberal Arts Physics
- PHYS 114-115-116 Series
This series is designed for students majoring in life science. The series focuses on developing algebra-based models to describe the physical world.
- PHYS 117-118-119 Labs
These are laboratory courses associated with PHYS 114-115-116 series.
- PHYS 121-122-123 Series
This series is designed for students majoring in physical science and engineering. The series focuses on developing calculus-based models to describe the physical world.
- PHYS 141-142-143 Series
This honors series is designed for students with a strong interest in physics and strong calculus preparation. The series focuses on developing calculus-based models to describe the physical world in depth and may include active research and cross-disciplinary applications and additional topics.
- PHYS 217 - Energy Futures
Operations during COVID-19 pandemic
During 2020 Autumn Quarter and 2021 Winter Quarter, all the introductory courses (PHYS 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 121, 122, 123, and 141) will be held entirely online, including tutorials and labs.
The Tutorials (quiz sections in time schedule) for PHYS 121, 122, and 123, and both tutorials and lectures for PHYS 141 and 142 will be offered synchronously. All the other components in all introductory courses are offered asynchronously.
- For synchronous components, students will attend the session via Zoom at the time specified on the time schedule.
- For asynchronous components, students do not attend the session via Zoom at the time specified on the time schedule, but there are still due dates for various assignments, and students will work by themselves or in an online small study group on the course materials at their own pace.
We will offer numerous office hours with TAs and professors where students can engage with instructors.