You are here

Transfer Credit

To have a non-UW physics course evaluated for equivalency:
100-level courses
: email the information listed below to the chair of the Introductory Physics Committee
Higher level courses: email the information listed below to the Undergraduate Faculty Advisor

  1. Your name and UW Student ID number.
  2. The name of the College/University (indicating semester/quarter system).
  3. The name of the physics course (with the respective number of credits).
  4. A brief catalog description of the course (specifying calculus based or algebra based).
  5. A complete syllabus of the course, along with a week-by-week lecture schedule of topics covered.  Please include the name and author of the text, and a list of chapters covered.
  6. If appropriate, evidence that the class included a laboratory component (e.g., as a requirement in the syllabus or as a list of labs performed)
  7. A copy of your transcript (unofficial is fine) from the other institution including your grade in the course.

You will also need to send an official copy of your transcript to the Admissions Office with a request that they enter these courses into your transfer record.  Once the UW registrar has given you transfer credit for PHYS 1XX or PHYS 2XX, the UFA or her designate can then change the number from 1XX to the appropriate UW physics course based on the information requested above.