- The Department of Physics, by providing this list, does not recommend or endorse any of the tutors; nor has it confirmed or otherwise investigated the qualification, abilities, or actual availability of those listed.
- The individuals listed below have asked that they be listed as being able to tutor students taking undergraduate physics courses.
- These are paid tutors and hourly fees vary.
- To be added to the list, please email the appropriate information to Margot Nims (email@example.com)
|Matthew Adams||(206) 225-6494
|- M.S Chemistry; in current UW Physics Evening Masters Program
- 3 years' experience tutoring and TAing: * Physics 121, 122, 123 and 114, 115, 116
* General Chemistry CHEM 142, 152, 162
* Math 120, 124, 125, 126
|Jesse Ashworth||(206) 673-6481
|- B.S. Physics, B.S. Mathematics from University of Washington
- Lead math tutor at CLUE (Center for Learning and Undergraduate Enrichment)
- Tutored math at CLUE for 4 years (MATH 120/124/125/126, 307/308/309, 324, and beyond); total of 5 yearsʼ math tutoring experience
- Two quarters of experience as a TA for PHYS 121/122 tutorials
- Will tutor high school physics, PHYS 114/115/116, 121/122/123, 224, 225, 226, 227/228, 321/322/323, 324/325, 328 + high school math (algebra, geometry, trigonometry, precalculus, calculus), MATH 100/102/103, MATH 111/112, MATH 120/124/125/126, MATH 134/135/136, MATH 300, MATH 307/308/309, MATH 324, MATH 327/328, MATH 334/335/336, MATH 394/395, MATH 402/403/404, MATH 411/412, MATH 424/425/426, MATH 427/428, MATH 441/442/443
- I am happy to work with you regardless of your experience level! I understand that math and physics can be very challenging, but I think that the challenges involved can be overcome with dedication and a positive mindset. If you think you can get better at math/physics and seek help when you need it, you WILL get better, and perhaps come to enjoy math/physics more as a result! My primary goal as a tutor is to help you with this process as best as I can.
Tutor Website: https://BuffTutor.com
Phone: 765-543-7542 (text)
|Network of in-person & online tutors offering high school & college math/science tutoring. We consist of professional tutors, former teachers & teaching assistants, undergraduate, recent graduate & graduate students. All tutors have at least 1 year teaching/tutoring experience and have excelled in the courses they offer to tutor.
- High School Prealgebra, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Precalculus, Calculus, Chemistry, Biology, Physics
|Neal Carroll||(253) 941-7284
|- B.S. Physics, Summa Cum Laude, MBA
- Aerospace Engineer/Physicist; 25 years experience
- 7 years tutoring experience (high school, undergraduate, and graduate students)
- Physics (undergraduate)
- Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, pre-Calc, Calculus,
Differential Equations, Statistics
|Sheh Lit Chang||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org||- B.Sc Physics from National University of Singapore
- Tutored physics since 2011
- Current Physics PhD student
- TA for 12X Tutorials
|Alex Cramer||Email: email@example.com
|- Professional tutor
- BS in Physics from UW Madison
- 7 years experience teaching college level physics and math
- Experience tutoring students with learning disabilities and test anxiety
- Happy to work with students of all experience levels
|Create Your Success, LLC||(503) 995-6005
|- K-12 All Subjects
- Basic Math-Calc II
- All English/Writing
- Free Assessments
|- Many years experience tutoring high school and college physics
- Will tutor Physics 114, 115, 116, 121, 122, 123
- Recommendations available
|Stephen French||Phone: (208) 703-8656
|- UW Physics PhD candidate
- 3 years experience as TA for 121, 122, 123
- 1.5 years experience as a TA for QM
- 1.5 years experience as a TA for E&M
|- Senior Physics Major and C.L.U.E. tutor at MGH from 7pm-12am select evenings.
- *5*+ years experience tutoring pre-college and remedial algebra.
- *4*+ years experience tutoring *calculus based physics* in a university setting.
- *3*+ years experience tutoring *AP* and *IB physics* for high school seniors.
- *2*+ years tutoring *Quantum Mechanics* and *Electromagnetism *at the 300+ Level.
- I am happy to help with introductory physics.
- I am also very excited to help improve anyone's *Quantum Mechanics*!
|David Greenberg||(206) 319-4528
|- Degree from NYU; significant physics coursework
- 3+ years experience as college level physics instructor
- 3+ years experience teaching math through calculus (including statistics)
- Certified by http://www.parliamenttutors.com
|Rachel Hinmanfirstname.lastname@example.org||- Honors double B.A. in physics and math from Harvard
- Masters in Physics from U.C. Berkeley
- Experience TAing calculus-based physics at U.C. Berkeley
- Experience tutoring math for all age groups
- Interested in tutoring mechanics and electromagnetism (UW 121/122/114/115)
|Idea Tutors||Website: ideatutors.com
Phone: (619) 480-7727
|Idea Tutors has a highly credentialed team of online and in-person tutors who can provide tutoring for college and high school level math, science, English, test preparation, and all other academic subjects. Services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- K-12 tutoring
|Bryce Kalmbach||(206) 478-6751
|- Current Physics PhD student with B.S. in Physics and Astronomy
- Have been a TA for Phys 11x and 12x classes
- Tutored professionally since 2010
- Will tutor both beginning and advanced math, physics, and astronomy
|Jesse Kineman||(206) 234-9894
|- BS Physics
- MS Nuclear Engineering
- Phys 114-116 & 121-123
|Brian Q. Le||(206) 778-0063
Honors Biophysics BS Winter 2019. Personal tutor of 4+ years teaching high school and college level math, chemistry, and physics. Volunteer mentor and tutor at local high schools for 2 years.
Can Teach/ Tutor:
AP Physics/ AP Chemistry
|Claudiu Litan||(425) 351-4331
|- Will tutor: PHYS 114-116, 121-123, 227, MATH 124-126, 324, High School Math and Physics
- Rates and locations negotiable
|Joe Maciarz||Tutoring online- never leave your room
|- Masters in Physics
- 20 yrs tutoring physics (up to graduate level), math (up to Linear Algebra), engineering chemistry (basic and physical), and computers (varies)
|Katie McAlpine||(352) 942-3056
Contact me directly to schedule a session, but to view reviews from students and more information, visit https://www.wyzant.com/Tutors/KatieMTutor
|- UW Physics PhD student (started in 2013)
- B.A. in Physics from New College of Florida
- Former TA for the 12x intro sequence
- 4 years of experience in tutoring 114-116, 121-123
- For UW students only, I charge $50/hr and will do 1 hour, $30 trial session (first-time students only)
- Group tutoring at no additional charge
|Cyrus Nejat||Email: email@example.com||- Tutoring Experiences: Physics I, Physics II, Introductory Nuclear Physics, Algebra, Advanced Engineering Mathematics
- Currently: Graduate Student in Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Academic background: Aerospace and Astronautical Engineering
- Additional classes to be added for tutoring: Astronomy I, Astrophysics and Cosmology, Calculus I, Calculus II, Numerical Analysis
|Thanh Nguyen||(626) 248-0917
|- 2 years experience tutoring Math and Physics at Seattle Central Community College and Washington State University.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering.
- Working on a Construction Management certificate at Edmond Community College right now.
- Prefer to tutor Math 124/125/126; Physics 121-123, 224; and/or 225, 227.
|Gorm Nykreim||(206) 753-7549
|- BS Physics/Astronomy and Chemistry from UW
- MS Physics & Astronomy from Caltech
- 10+ years teaching experience in math, physics, chemistry, and many other subjects.
- Specializing in improving systematic problem-solving skills
|Doug Oienfirstname.lastname@example.org||- M.A. Mathematics, UW
- B.S. Physics and Math, UW
- 20+ years on UW staff developing and running Math/Physics/Chemistry/Engineering Tutoring Program
- Courses I Tutor - Freshman Physics, Calculus, Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, Electromagnetism, Quantum Mechanics, Advanced Calculus/Applied Analysis through graduate level including Fourier Series, Orthogonal Functions and Boundary Value Problems
|Chegg Physics Tutors||Website: https://www.chegg.com/tutors/Physics-online-tutoring/||Ivy League graduates and highly experienced physics tutors available round-the-clock for guiding students in everything from basic concepts of physics to advanced courses.|
|James Penna||Phone: (631) 578-3806
|- B.S. in Physics, MIT Class of 2015
- Current PhD Student in UW Aeronautics and Astronautics
- 5+ years of private tutoring experience with references available upon request. Held T.A. position in the AA department in 2017. Can tutor all MATH 1XX/2XX courses and PHYS 1XX/2XX courses. Within physics can tutor mechanics, E&M, thermo, and quantum. Test prep for SAT, ACT, SAT II Science and Math subject tests, AP Biology, Chemistry, Physics I, II, II, Calculus, World/US History,
general GRE, GRE Physics subject test.
|Tyson Price||Phone: (703) 531-9826
|3+ years TAing and Teaching for UW undergrad and graduate physics classes as well as giving private math and physics tutoring for much of that time.|
|Christopher Provencher||Phone: (253) 468-3523
(Text & Email Preferred)
|- UW Aeronautics & Astronautics PhD Student
- 3 years tutoring experience
- 2 years teaching experience
- PHYS 114, 115, 116, 121, 122, 123, 321, 322, 323
- MATH 120, 124, 125, 126, 307, 308, 309, 324
- AA 210, CEE 220, ME 230, AA 260
- High School Physics, High School Mathematics
- Ask About Specific Courses
- 50$ / hour OR 100$ / 3 hours
- Ask About Special Discounts
|Seattle Tutoring Services||(206) 999-0666
|- Experienced physics, chemistry, and math tutors at high school and university levels.
- Includes current UW students and grads w/ course specific expertise.
|David Skelding||(206) 729-0465
|- PhD in Physics from UW
- 10+ years teaching experience
- will tutor 100-300 level Physics and 100-200 level Math
|Caleb Stricklandemail@example.com||- Senior (graduating June, '10) in Physics, Math, and Astronomy
- Can tutor 100 level physics and math as well as all High School physics/math (including AP/IB)
|Brady Trainor||Website: https://bradyt.com||- B.S. UW 2010 Major: Mathematics (Comprehensive) Minor: Physics (Mathematical)- Can assist with:
** Algebra- and Calculus-based Physics
** Through Junior-level Mathematics