Minimum 89-106 credits, including the following:
- Physics Core courses (37 credits): PHYS 121, PHYS 122, PHYS 123, PHYS 224, PHYS 225, PHYS 227, PHYS 294, PHYS 321, PHYS 322, PHYS 334.
- Mathematics Core courses (18-19 credits from one of the following options):
a. MATH 124, MATH 125, MATH 126, and
one course from
MATH 307/AMATH 351,
MATH 308/AMATH 352,
MATH 309/AMATH 353,
MATH 324, MATH 326, or AMATH 401;
b. MATH 134, MATH 135, MATH 136, and
one course from MATH 309/AMATH 353, MATH 324, MATH 326, or AMATH 401.
Beginning in Autumn 2011, the UW Physics degree offers four options:
You should choose the option that best meets your educational and career goals. Students who declare a physics major after September 2011 must meet these new requirements.
Physics Degree Option Overview
- Physics Degree Options (PDF) - Side-by-side chart for degree options
- Physics Major Requirements (PDF) - For all Physics majors starting after Autumn 2011
- Physics Major Prerequisites Chart (PDF)